Monday, December 12, 2011

I brought home some foreign money, can I exchange it in the US for USD?

I went to vietnam and brought home about 200 bucks worth of vietnamese dong. Can I go somewhere locally, like maybe my bank, and exchange it for USD?|||You might be able to deposit it in your bank. Don't be surprised if they don't accept it though. You may need to go to a place that specializes in changing foreign currency.|||Most banks do currency exchange. They will probably charge you a fee if it is below a certain amount, though this fee may be waived if you have an account at that bank.|||Yes, definately and prepare to be there for awhile because exchanging foreign money take more than a few mins|||most banks will do the transaction. of course, they will charge a fee. In most large airports, there are exchange booths as well. I know that at least in the airports, they don't take coins only bills.|||yes most banks will do that|||You might also want to try your local airport. They do currency exchanges there for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment