Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is the best way to convert Canadian dollars to USD ($15,000)?

I have a bank draft for $15,000 Canadian dollars. I want it to become USD but don't want to lose like $500 on conversation. What is the best way?|||Open an investors account at your bank. You can usually do this free of charge or would cost under 30-40 (one time fee). When you have an investors account, buy USD on the open market. This way you pay NO commissions, and get the exact open market rate. You'll save a decent margin.





This is how I do all my exchanges, and in the long run you'll save a bundle.|||I have a more current question if you are still answering questions. Contact me. kyranlis@yahoo.com

Report Abuse


|||I'd go with www.knightsbridgefx.com, they beat bank rates and are smooth to use

Report Abuse


|||You can't, $15,000 Canadian is worth about $14,100 as of right now. No one can get $15,000 American for $15,000 Canadian, so they certainly won't give you $15,000 American.





You could hold the draft and hope exchange rates get better, but it might expire before they get to 1:1 and you would lose it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment